The KLMVC was formed by members of the Choirs of St.Margarets Church and St. Nicholas Chapel (both in the same
parish) in January 1957 and invited others to join. 19 attended the inaugural meeting.
The First performance was in St.Margarets in November 1957, when we sang Evensong with settings by C S Laing.
Our first concert was in May 1959 in the Town Hall, King’s Lynn with Angela Rose, Soprano and Aubrey Hood , Piano as
Since that first concert we have engaged first rate national Celebrities as guests at our two main concerts annually in
May and December.
Over the years the KLMVC has had some very enjoyable visits to other choirs.
Ashington MVC, Northumberland MVC, Filton MVC Bristol, Corby MVC, Stevenage MVC, St Edmundsbury MVC,
Peterborough MVC, Bure Valley MVC and Vauxhall MVC.
Over the last nearly 60 years, visits to many local Churches and Village Halls in aid of many charities and in 1982
contact was made with Elten Manner Choir, Germany and in 1989 Coevorden Mannenkoor in Holland resulting in
several exchange visits at home and abroad.
The KLMVC Is still around after nearly 60 years and still going strong. Although only one founder member remains, the
choir continues to be a creative outlet for Male singers of all ages and, a well known local source of entertainment.
Here’s hopefully to another 60 years.